$74.77 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 14-18cm
- This species was initially described by William Grant Craib in the early 20th-century - possibly the 1920s.
- He placed it in the already-constructed genus of Stephania, which can be translated from Greek to mean 'crown'.
- This is in reference to the crown-shaped arrangement of the anthers, the area that holds its pollen in the flowers. Within twenty years, the species was reclassified as Stephania pierrei, honouring French botanist, Jean Baptiste Louis Pierre.
- The original specific epithet, erecta, refers to the pointed branches that emerge from a dormant caudex.
- The species has natural distributions across Cambodia, Laos, Thailand & Vietnam..
- It grows well in moist but well-drained, humus-rich soil.
- Well-drained soil.
- It prefers a position in full sun to moderate shade.
- They need moderate watering, enough to keep the soil evenly moist, but not saturated.