Philodendron Melanochrysum (Japan)
$138.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery Within 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 37cm.
Pot comes with plant supporter.
- Melanochrysum is a large velvet leaf variety of philodendron whose leaves start out pink with light green veins and slowly matures into a deep dark green with a velvety texture.
- This plant does require a totem or some sort of pole to climb otherwise it will tendency to meander and droop.
- This is a superior variety philodendron which is quite easy to grow.
- Melanochrysum Philodendrons enjoy well drained but moist, rich organic mix.
- Remember try to stay away from wet, mucky or dry, sandy soils.
- To help establish your new Melanochrysum Philodendron, fertilize sparingly at least 6 inches away from the base, tri-annually with a slow time released product. Unfertilized they will tend to grow very slowly. Note: The heavy salts in cheaper fertilizers will damage the roots and possibly kill the plant.
- Philodendron melanochrysum plants prefer bright shade.
- Bright shade is only another term for filtered sunlight or indirect bright light.
- You don’t want direct sunlight shining directly on your Philodendron melanochrysum.
- It’s easy to burn the leaves of the plant.
- Direct sunlight also causes the yellowing of the leaves.
- But it still needs some light to thrive.
- For an even and healthy plant, you should always hydrate your Philodendron melanochrysum.
- The soil should never dry out.