Parthenocissus Amazonica (Amazon Jungle Vine)
$44.86 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 40cm
- The Parthenocissus is the family of the Wingerd (climbers).
- This is a family of climbing plants that originally grows in North America and East Asia.
- Parthenocissus plants are also very suited as outdoor plants during the warmer months of the year.
- The sun gives its leaves a red edge.
- Parthenocissus Amazonica, also known as the Amazon Jungle Vine is a beautiful hanging plant with small leaves that naturally likes to climb.
- The leaf surface is typically silver with white veins, while the underside has a light burgundy color.
- The plant likes to stand in a light place, but not in full sun.
- If you are a fan of vining plants such as Ivy or Hoyas, this would be a great new and unusual addition to your houseplant collection.
- A free-draining organic potting mix with added perlite will be ideal for this plant, allowing breathability for the roots.
- It enjoys regular fertilizing; twice a month during the growing season (Spring and Summer).
- Use a balanced fertilizer at half the recommended dilution level for this plant.
- If the potting medium is particularly dry, water lightly before feeding to avoid fertilizer burning the roots.
- It will thrive in bright filtered light but protect from the harsh direct sun which can give the foliage a washed-out appearance.
- During the hotter months, keep the soil moist using water at room temperature, but do not allow the plant to sit in water.
- Wait until the top centimetre has dried out before watering again.
- Over the cooler months during their potential rest period, water just enough to prevent the potting mix from drying out.