Dischidia Ruscifolia Variegated (Million Hearts)
$11.21 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 40cm
- Commonly known as Million Hearts, this species of Dischidia has numerous small, heart-shaped leaves that line both sides of thin trailing stems.
- In Singapore, the plant is sold in hanging pots where its stems trail over the rim of the pot or are wound around a heart-shaped frame ornament.
- Dischidia plants are generally easy to grow and they make good houseplants or even as Christmas decorations and wreaths.
- The genus Dischidia belongs to the milkweed family (Apocynaceae) and is closely related to plants in the genus Hoya, another popular group admired for their showy, sometimes fragrant, often waxy flowers.
- They can be grown in a light, a well-drained mix of bark, composted peat, and perlite, or, rather than growing in a pot.
- Epiphytes roots can be wrapped in sphagnum moss and the entire plant can then be mounted onto wood or other surfaces.
- Balanced liquid fertilizer every three months.
- Bright indirect light, or filtered light, works well for this plant.
- A little morning sun also works very well, especially indoors.
- Allow soil to dry between thorough waterings.