Alocasia Jungle Bush
$85.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 75cm-85cm.
- Alocasia is a genus of broad-leaved rhizomatous or tuberous perennial flowering plants from the family Araceae.
- There are 79 species native to tropical and subtropical Asia to Eastern Australia and widely cultivated elsewhere.
- Keep the soil moist.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- For your own mix try:-
- 50 percent potting soil.
- 20 percent peat moss.
- 20 percent orchid bark with charcoal.
- 10 percent shredded sphagnum moss and a handful of perlite.
- Feed this heavy feeder every three weeks during the warmer months with one half-strength fertilizer with a balanced N-P-K ratio or 20-20-20.
- Plant in full to part shade – a bit of afternoon shade is appreciated.
- When making a site selection keep your plant in an area that has bright indirect light, but not direct sunlight.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.