Japanese Pepper (Zanthoxylum Piperitum)
$30.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 35cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Zanthoxylum Piperitum, also known as Japanese pepper, Japanese prickly-ash, or Korean pepper, is a deciduous aromatic spiny shrub or small tree of the citrus and rue family Rutaceae.
- Foliage is beautiful, glossy, and dark green, with compound pinnate leaves.
- May turn a nice yellow fall color.
- Greenish-yellow flowers are borne on small corymbs, 1-2 inches wide in early summer.
- Easily grown in loamy soils in most positions, but prefers a good deep well-drained moisture retentive soil.
- Adding fertilizer upon planting at the bottom of the hole helps increase rooting, regrowth, and development.
- Full sun or semi-shade.
- Water when normal rainfall does not provide the preferred 1 inch of moisture most plants prefer.
- Average water is needed during the growing season, but take care not to overwater.