Tradescantia 'Purple Passion' (Wandering Jew)
Limited special offer
$13.82 $16.82 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 14-16cm
- Tradescantia is a genus of 75 species of herbaceous perennial wildflowers in the family Commelinaceae.
- It is native to the New World from southern Canada to northern Argentina, including the West Indies.
- Members of the genus are known by the common names wandering Jew or spiderwort.
- Standard houseplant potting mix but will do even better if you give them soil that has more organic matter.
- Allow good draining ability.
- Use a water-soluble fertilizer at least twice a month during the growing season.
- Be sure to dilute it down to 50% strength to avoid nutrient burn on the foliage.
- You can also use a slow-release fertilizer to the soil once a year.
- It thrives in bright but indirect sunlight.
- The brighter the light you provide your wandering jew plant, the more flowers it will produce.
- If it’s not getting enough light, the brightly-colored foliage will begin to fade.
- Keeping the soil evenly moist is the best.
- You’ll know it’s ready for more water when the soil is dry to at least 1/2″ deep.