Kiwi Fruit Plant キウイ雌 (JAPAN)
$48.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 35cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Kiwifruit or Chinese gooseberry is the edible berry of several species of woody vines in the genus Actinidia.
- The most common cultivar group of kiwifruit is oval, about the size of a large hen's egg: 5–8cm in length and 4.5–5.5 cm in diameter.
- Deep, rich, well-drained sandy loam soils are ideal for the cultivation of kiwi.
- A soil pH slightly less than 6.9 results in maximum yield but higher pH up to 7.3 adversely affects the yield due to Mn deficiency.
- Nitrogen is always needed in early spring as the plant is re-sprouting.
- An all-purpose 10-10-10 fertilizer is suggested.
- You may use a granular or liquid fertilizer but be careful not to cause the plant to burn.
- Best grown trained against a sunny, sheltered south or west-facing wall, or under cover in cool climates.
- In warmer climates, kiwis thrive in full sun provided their roots receive midday shade.
- Kiwis like moist soil.
- A uniform and adequate water supply are essential for optimum growth.
- Avoid over-watering.