Podocarpus Macrophyllus 罗汉松 Bonsai
$38.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 24cm for Pot Size 16cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Podocarpus Macrophyllus is a conifer in the genus Podocarpus, family Podocarpaceae.
- Common names in English include yew plum pine, Buddhist pine, and, fern pine.
- Kusamaki (クサマキ) and inumaki (犬槇) are Japanese names for this tree.
- In China, it is known as 羅漢松 or luóhàn sōng, which literally means "arhat pine".
- Podocarpus are very tough plants that thrive in the most adverse conditions tolerating a wide range of soils, including well-drained clay.
- They prefer moist but well-drained sandy soil, however, are exceptionally drought tolerant when established.
- Any general-purpose liquid fertilizer will do fine and is available at most garden centers.
- Suggested fertilizers will be used at half their recommended strength.
- When nightly lows do not dip below 40 degrees, your bonsai should be placed outside, such as on a patio, balcony, terrace, or in a garden.
- Once outside, your bonsai should be positioned where it will receive sufficient sun - morning sun and afternoon shade is best.
- Apply water when the soil appears dry - never allow the soil to become completely dry.
- If your bonsai is receiving full sun, it may be necessary to water once a day.