Podocarpus Elongatus 'Icee Blue' (Japan)
$228.97 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 70cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Podocarpus elongatus, the Breede River yellowwood, is a species of conifer in the family Podocarpaceae.
- In contrast to other yellowwood species of southern Africa, Podocarpus elongatus often resembles an enormous, round, multi-stemmed bush in its habit.
- The Breede River yellowwood is a protected tree in South Africa.
- Podocarpus grows well in a wide range of soil pH ranging between 4.5 to 7.5 on the pH scale.
- Any general-purpose liquid fertilizer will do fine and is available at most garden centers.
- Suggested fertilizers will be used at half their recommended strength.
- When nightly lows do not dip below 40 degrees, your bonsai should be placed outside, such as on a patio, balcony, terrace, or in a garden.
- Once outside, your bonsai should be positioned where it will receive sufficient sun - morning sun and afternoon shade is best.
- Apply water when the soil appears dry - never allow the soil to become completely dry.
- Water should be applied until it begins running out of the holes in the bottom of your pot.