Platycerium Alcicorne (Staghorn Fern)
$28.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 45cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Platycerium is a genus of about 19 fern species in the polypod family, Polypodiaceae.
- Ferns in this genus are widely known as staghorn or elkhorn ferns due to their uniquely-shaped fronds.
- Secure to board, or use peat or sphagnum moss, coconut coir, or an extremely well-draining potting soil.
- Give your plant a regular fertilizer feeding.
- Using a diluted liquid feed with a 1:1 ratio, you can feed the plant once a month.
- They do best in partial shade and bright, indirect light.
- At home or in your garden, display them in an area protected from direct sunlight, as this will harm the plant.
- In terms of the amount and frequency of watering, the Staghorn Fern does not like to be too wet.
- To avoid overwatering at home, allow the growing medium to become dry between waterings, and only water when the fertile green leaves start to droop.