Begonia Chlorosticta Sands
$25.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height was measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 25cm for POT SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- Begonia chlorosticta 'Sands' is a captivating and visually appealing begonia variety.
- It belongs to the Begoniaceae family and is known for its unique foliage patterns.
- The plant's leaves are characterized by their intricate green and silver patterns, resembling delicate brushstrokes.
- 'Sands' begonia features silver-green leaves with dark green veins, creating a beautiful contrast.
- The foliage's intricate patterns give the plant a distinctive and artistic appearance.
- It is a compact begonia variety that typically grows to a height of about 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30 cm).
- 'Sands' begonia is well-suited for indoor cultivation, making it a popular choice for homes and offices.
- The plant thrives in bright, indirect light but can tolerate lower light conditions, making it adaptable to various environments.
- It prefers well-draining soil and should be watered moderately, allowing the top inch of soil to dry between waterings.
- 'Sands' begonia's eye-catching foliage adds a touch of elegance and artistic beauty to indoor spaces and plant collections.
- With its unique leaf patterns and compact growth habit, it's a great choice for tabletop displays, windowsills, and hanging baskets.
- Use well-draining, peat-based potting mix.
- A mix formulated for begonias or African violets is suitable.
- Ensure the pot has good drainage to prevent waterlogging.
- Use a balanced, diluted, liquid houseplant fertilizer.
- Apply the fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) every 4-6 weeks.
- Reduce fertilization during the dormant winter months.
- Begonia chlorosticta 'Sands' prefers bright, indirect light.
- It can tolerate some early morning or late afternoon sun, but avoid intense midday sun.
- Place the plant near a north or east-facing window or provide filtered light.
- Keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy.
- Water when the top inch of soil feels slightly dry.
- Begonias don't tolerate drying out completely, so avoid letting the soil become bone dry.