Cordyline Australis 'Electric Pink' (Japan)
$60.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 45cm for POT SIZE 12cm(Ø)
- Cordyline australis 'Electric Pink' is a stunning and vibrant evergreen plant with eye-catching foliage.
- It belongs to the Asparagaceae family and is native to New Zealand and Australia.
- The plant is valued for its striking pink and purple variegated leaves, which add a pop of color to any landscape or indoor setting.
- 'Electric Pink' can reach a mature height of about 5 to 8 feet (1.5 to 2.4 meters) with a spread of 3 to 5 feet (0.9 to 1.5 meters).
- It forms a palm-like rosette of arching, sword-shaped leaves that create a tropical and architectural appearance.
- The leaves have a glossy texture, and their colors intensify with brighter light exposure.
- Cordyline australis 'Electric Pink' is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use, depending on the climate and light conditions.
- It prefers full sun to partial shade and well-draining soil for optimal growth.
- The plant is relatively low-maintenance and can withstand drought once established.
- 'Electric Pink' is hardy in USDA zones 9 to 11, making it a suitable choice for mild and warm climates.
- It adds a dramatic and exotic flair to gardens, borders, containers, or as a focal point in a mixed planting scheme.
- Cordyline australis 'Electric Pink' prefers well-draining soil.
- Use a mixture of regular potting soil, perlite, and sand for improved drainage.
- The soil should be slightly acidic to neutral, with a pH of 6.0 to 7.0.
- Avoid heavy or waterlogged soils.
- Cordyline australis 'Electric Pink' benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season.
- Use a balanced, slow-release fertilizer or a liquid fertilizer formulated for tropical plants.
- Apply the fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the active growth period, typically in spring and summer.
- Reduce or suspend fertilization during the plant's dormant winter months.
- Cordyline australis 'Electric Pink' thrives in full sun to partial shade.
- It prefers at least 4-6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Place the plant in a location with ample sunlight exposure.
- Cordyline australis 'Electric Pink' has moderate water requirements.
- Keep the soil evenly moist, especially during the growing season.
- Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels dry.
- Reduce watering during the plant's dormant winter months, allowing the soil to dry out more between waterings.