Sinningia Speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata' (Japan)
$28.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 12cm for POT SIZE 8cm(Ø)
- Sinningia speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata,' also known as Sinnigia Bullata or Hardy Gloxinia, is a charming and colorful flowering plant.
- It belongs to the Gesneriaceae family and is native to Brazil.
- The plant is valued for its large, showy, trumpet-shaped flowers that come in various colors, including shades of pink, purple, red, and white.
- Sinnigia Bullata blooms prolifically from late spring to fall, creating a stunning display of colorful flowers.
- The leaves of the plant are also attractive, with a glossy, dark green appearance and a slightly crinkled texture.
- Sinningia speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata' is a herbaceous perennial that can reach a height of about 12 to 18 inches (30 to 45 cm).
- It prefers bright, indirect light and should be protected from direct sunlight, especially during the hottest parts of the day.
- The plant requires well-draining soil and should be watered moderately, allowing the top inch of soil to dry between waterings.
- Sinnigia Bullata is relatively low-maintenance and can be grown as a houseplant or outdoors in shaded or partially shaded areas.
- It is hardy in USDA zones 9 and above, and in colder regions, it can be brought indoors during the winter months.
- The beautiful blooms and attractive foliage make Sinnigia Bullata a popular choice for indoor plant collections, shady gardens, and patio containers.
- Sinningia speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata' prefers well-draining soil.
- Use a peat-based potting mix with added perlite or vermiculite for improved drainage.
- The soil should be slightly acidic to neutral, with a pH of 6.0 to 7.0.
- Avoid heavy or clay-based soils that can retain excessive moisture.
- Sinningia speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata' benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season.
- Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer or a specialized fertilizer for flowering plants.
- Apply the fertilizer every 2-4 weeks during the active growth period, typically in spring and summer.
- Reduce or suspend fertilization during the plant's dormant winter months.
- Sinningia speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata' thrives in bright, indirect light.
- It prefers filtered sunlight or partial shade, as direct sunlight can scorch its leaves.
- Place the plant near a north or east-facing window or provide it with dappled light.
- Sinningia speciosa 'Sinningia Bullata' has moderate water requirements.
- Keep the soil evenly moist during the growing season, but avoid waterlogging.
- Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels slightly dry.
- Reduce watering during the plant's dormant winter months, allowing the soil to dry out more between waterings.