Sinningia Leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' (Japan)
$28.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 15cm for POT SIZE 8cm(Ø)
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss,' also known as Brazilian Edelweiss or Woolly Sinningia, is a unique and eye-catching plant.
- It belongs to the Gesneriaceae family and is native to Brazil.
- The plant is valued for its distinct silvery-white, fuzzy leaves, which give it a striking appearance.
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' is a small, herbaceous perennial, growing up to 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30 cm) tall.
- It produces clusters of tubular, reddish-orange flowers with yellow throats, creating a beautiful contrast against the silvery foliage.
- The flowers emerge from late fall to early winter, adding a splash of color to the plant's overall look.
- 'Brazilian Edelweiss' is a relatively easy-to-grow plant, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced gardeners.
- It prefers bright, indirect light and should be protected from direct sunlight, especially during the hottest parts of the day.
- The plant requires well-draining soil and should be watered moderately, allowing the top inch of soil to dry between waterings.
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' is best grown as a houseplant or in containers, as it is not cold-hardy and requires protection from frost.
- The unique foliage and attractive blooms make this sinningia a captivating addition to indoor plant collections or as a focal point in shaded outdoor gardens.
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' prefers well-draining soil.
- Use a peat-based potting mix with added perlite or vermiculite for improved drainage.
- The soil should be slightly acidic to neutral, with a pH of 6.0 to 7.0.
- Avoid heavy or clay-based soils that can retain excessive moisture.
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season.
- Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer or a specialized fertilizer for flowering plants.
- Apply the fertilizer every 2-4 weeks during the active growth period, typically in spring and summer.
- Reduce or suspend fertilization during the plant's dormant winter months.
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' thrives in bright, indirect light.
- It prefers filtered sunlight or partial shade, as direct sunlight can scorch its leaves.
- Place the plant near a north or east-facing window or provide it with dappled light.
- Sinningia leucotricha 'Brazilian Edelweiss' has moderate water requirements.
- Keep the soil evenly moist during the growing season, but avoid waterlogging.
- Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels slightly dry.
- Reduce watering during the plant's dormant winter months, allowing the soil to dry out more between waterings.