$18.00 incl. GST
Rododendron Indicum (Azalea Indica)
$108.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 20cm for POT SIZE 7cm(Ø)
- It is a small, semi-evergreen shrub in the Ericaceae (blueberry) family that is native to Japan.
- This compact azalea has a mature size of about 2 to 3 feet in both height and width.
- While it has a dense canopy it can spread.
- The genus name, Rhododendron, derives from the Greek words rhodo, which means rose, and dendron, meaning tree.
- They perform best when the soil is acidic (with a pH between 4.5 and 6.0).
- They need well-draining soil with an abundance of organic matter.
SHOP MORE > SOIL & PLANTING MEDIA
- Camellia Food should be applied every 4-6 weeks during the growing season between flowering in spring and bud set in early fall.
- Liquid fertilizers can be applied as a supplement, but we highly suggest a slow-release granular-based fertilizer for outdoor shrubs.
- Plant in full sun to increase flowers and avoid mildew problems.
- Shrubs need a minimum of 6 hours of full sun daily.
- It needs soil that is constantly moist but never soggy, as the shrub is prone to rot in muddy soil.
- Water the plant deeply to saturate the roots, and then withhold water until the top of the soil feels slightly dry to the touch.