$118.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 40cm for Pot Size 17cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Philodendron Melanochrysum is a species of flowering plant in the family Araceae, endemic to the wet Andean foothills of Colombia.
- It is a beautiful tropical plant and the dark green (almost black) crystalline leaves show off a bright yellow vein.
- The yellow vein traces its’ way through the leaf to form a unique pattern.
- The crystalline appearance on the leaves resembles specks of gold, and in fact, “Melanochrysum” means “black gold”.
- It prefers a well-drained but moist, rich organic mix.
- Remember try to stay away from wet, mucky, or dry, sandy soils.
- Feed it with a balanced liquid foliage houseplant fertilizer that contains macro-nutrients.
- Set the plant in a location with bright, indirect sunlight.
- While it’s normal for older leaves to yellow, if this happens to several leaves at the same time, the plant may be getting too much light.
- When growing philodendron plants, allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- The length of your index finger to the first knuckle is about an inch, so inserting your finger into the soil is a good way to check the moisture level.