Epiphyllum (Queen of the Night) White Flower
$16.82 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 40cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The pendant stems crown with spectacular flowers that last only a couple of days but produce from early winter through spring.
- They are a peculiar plant that flowers best when exposed to cool temperatures and shortened light periods.
- An interesting bit of Epiphyllum information is that they grow edible fruit.
- The fruit is said to taste much like passion vine fruit and has a texture similar to kiwi, including the small black seeds.
- In cultivation, they perform well in standard potting soil amended with peat and sand.
- Use clean sand, not the saline-laden sand from a beach.
- In February when growth begins again, start with mild but regular feedings of weak liquid foliar cactus fertilizer solutions every two weeks during growth.
- Like the summer-flowering tuberous begonia, these are “shade plants” only in hot climates.
- They can spend the summer near a protective north wall or in the dappled shade from a tree.
- The plants need constant moisture in the air and for the roots.
- They can be fussy about their water, so use bottled or de-mineralized water to prevent unfavorable reactions to treated tap water.