Piper Crocatum Variegated
$23.36 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 22cm
- Piper crocatum is a climbing or trailing vine that is prized for its colorful leaves that makes it an exotic indoor plant.
- Piper crocatum has slender stems bearing pointed, heart-shaped leaves up to 13cm (5 inches) long and 10cm (4 inches) wide.
- The leaves have reddish, 2cm (0.8 inches) long leaf-stalks, which are attached not at the end of the leaf, but slightly toward the middle.
- The leaf surface is puckered.
- The upper surface is olive green heavily spotted with pinkish silver markings.
- The pink tinge is almost pronounced wherever a marking occurs near the main veins.
- Leaves undersides are unmarked deep maroon.
- The plant does not normally produce flowers when is grown indoors.
- Piper crocatum is a rare species that is seldom commercially available and it is sought-out by many plant collectors.
- Use rich potting soil with good drainage.
- Feed plants every two weeks with standard liquid fertiliser.
- It does not have a distinct rest period, but they grow less actively in winter.
- Grow these plants in direct filtered sunlight (a translucent blind or curtain is a useful filter).
- An east or west window is the best place for growing this plant.
- Keep soil moist at all times, but allowing the top couple of centimetres (0.8inch) of the potting mixture to dry out before watering again.
- Mist foliage frequently.