$14.02 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 15cm
- Ludisia is a genus of orchids that contains just one species, Ludisia discolor, commonly referred to as jewel orchid.
- They are native to Southern China, Northeast India, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Burma, and often cultivated.
- They are terrestrial orchids that in their natural setting would be found growing on the forest floor.
- They are known for their foliage, which is often velvety deep maroon with red veins that run parallel to the center of the leaf.
- Flowers are white with twisting yellow columns.
- Individual flowers are small but grow in clusters on upright stalks.
- Flowers in cultivation last a month or more.
- A good orchid potting mix should be fine, ideally one that contains some organic material.
- Make sure the drainage is good to avoid rotting their roots.
- These plants should regularly be fed with a balanced, diluted fertilizer like a 20-20-20.
- Medium Light Levels.
- Not overly fussy, but you need to avoid bright direct sunlight and dark low light gloom.
- Moderate watering.
- Water well and then don't water again until the top of the potting mix has dried out.
- Much less water needed in winter.
- Temperature warm rooms are needed as they don't like the cold.