Brazilian Spinach (Sissoo spinach)
$7.48 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 20cm
- Sissoo spinach, also known as "Brazilian spinach", "Bayam Brazil", "Sambu", and "Samba lettuce", is a tropical edible groundcover of the genus Alternanthera used as a leaf vegetable.
- Although it is referred to scientifically as Alternanthera sissoohort., there are no known scientific descriptions of its taxonomy.
- It will tolerate most soils although it prefers a moderate to rich loam, it dislikes waterlogging.
- A NPK of 10-10-10 is successful, but a 15-10-10 is preferred.
- Before planting, use a granular fertilizer.
- Then switch to a water-soluble fertilizer once the plants are established.
- Plant in full sun to medium shade.
- Spinach needs about one to one and a half inches of rain or irrigation per week.
- If you don't get any rain, you will need to manually water your spinach plants.
- Instead of one long deep soak, spinach plants will do better with three or four light waterings per week.