Dendrobium Dawn Maree
$42.06 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 80cm
- The plant comes with a plant hanger
- This Dendrobium Dawn Maree has beautiful fresh attractive long-lasting flowers, fragrant at the night to attract nocturnal insects to pollinate.
- This hybrid is a frequent bloomer, blooms well with a sequential arrangement of flowers on the canes.
- Dendrobium is a genus of mostly epiphytic and lithophytic orchids in the family Orchidaceae.
- It is a very large genus, containing more than 1,800 species that are found in diverse habitats throughout much of south, east, and southeast Asia, including China, Japan, India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, New Guinea, Vietnam, and many of the islands of the Pacific.
- Orchids in this genus have roots that creep over the surface of trees or rocks, rarely having their roots in the soil.
- Up to six leaves develop in a tuft at the tip of a shoot and from one to a large number of flowers are arranged along an unbranched flowering stem.
- Several attempts have been made to separate Dendrobium into smaller genera, but most have not been accepted by the World Checklist of Selected Plant Families.
- They can live on just bark or grow in pots with an orchid medium.
- Fertilize with orchid food every two weeks.
- They prefer indirect bright light but perform nicely in brighter to dimmer conditions.
- Water about once per week and keep the plant moist but the surface of the bark media should not be soggy.