Irish Moss - Green (Japan)
$12.15 incl. GST
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 14cm
- Familiarly known as Irish moss, Sagina subulata is a mossy evergreen ground cover that grows to demure heights of only about 1 inch.
- With its bright green foliage and tiny white springtime blooms, the plant is ideal for planting in small areas such as the spaces between pavers or flagstones.
- Irish moss is appropriate for planting in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 4 through 9.
- Prefers evenly moist, compost-rich soil.
- A once-yearly application of fertilizer in early spring or autumn is adequate for Irish moss.
- Apply a slow-release fertilizer or a general-purpose garden fertilizer with a ratio such as 16-8-8. Use the fertilizer according to the directions on the label.
- Always water deeply immediately after applying fertilizer, as the fertilizer may burn the plant's roots.
- Full Sun to Half Sun / Half Shade.
- Soil should be moist at all times. However, do not over-water.