Mini Oncidium Orchid
Limited special offer
$5.35 $9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 20cm
CURRENTLY WITHOUT FLOWERS
- The Oncidium family is very large and includes many flower varieties.
- The most common flower variety is often referred to as the "dancing lady".
- This instruction sheet deals with Oncidium types that have thin leaves, pseudobulbs, and branching sprays with flowers colored in yellow and mahogany.
- It’s best to use shredded bark or osmunda fiber.
- Keep it evenly moist though it’s best to occasionally allow for it to be nearly dry.
- During the growing season, feed with a weak orchid fertilizer bimonthly or scatter slow-release pellets in the growing media at the beginning of the season.
- Grow in bright diffused light; east or west windows are ideal.
- South windows will work but one should be careful of the brilliant sun that will come in during the fall through spring months.
- If you have miniblinds or sheer curtains, you can break the light so that it is more diffused.
- One of the best types of artificial light you can provide for your orchids is by using L.E.D.
- Water when the mix just approaches dryness.
- This will mean about every 5-7 days.
- A way to check the mix for moisture is by sticking a wooden pencil into the mix about 3''-4''.
- When you pull the pencil out, check the wooden end.
- If it has turned dark in color, the mix is still wet and you should wait a day or two.
- Oncidiums prefer clean water without a lot of mineral content.
- Therefore growing best when you use distilled, reverse osmosis, or rainwater.