$8.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery Within 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 55cm.
- An easy to grow perennial that is native to Mexico.
- This herb grows to 70 cm and produces a cluster of erect stems with linear leaves that are 4 cm long and 1 cm wide.
- The bright golden yellow flowers, 1 cm across, occur in clusters of up to 15 at the top of the plant in summer.
- The flowers will continue into autumn if the dead flowers are continuously removed.
- The leaves have a distinct aniseed scent and flavour which is similar to French Tarragon but much stronger.
- In frost-free areas the plant will continue to grow into winter.
- Mexican Teragon also known as Sweet Mace, Winter Tarragon, Cloud Plant and Sweet Marigold.
- Deep and fertile, pH 6.5 - 7.
- Mexican teragon requires no fertilizer.
- Full sun.
- Water only when the surface of the soil is dry, as Mexican teragon won't tolerate consistently soggy soil.
- However, don't allow the soil to become bone dry.
- Water Mexican teragon at the base of the plant, as wetting the foliage may lead to various moisture-related diseases, especially rot.