Ctenanthe Burle-Marxii (Fishbone Prayer Plant)
$12.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery Within 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 22cm.
- Ctenanthe burle-marxii is a compact houseplant that makes a bold tropical statement.
- Its bright green leaves are striped with alternating lance-shaped bands, and have deep purple undersides and stems.
- Ctenanthe (along with their close relatives Calatheas and Marantas) are commonly called "Prayer Plants" because their leaves lie flat by day, but fold upwards in the evenings.
- Ctenanthe burle-marxii is nicknamed the "Fishbone Prayer Plant" due to the unique leaf pattern.
- Ctenanthe Burle-Marxii requires moist, fertile soil with good drainage.
- Use a mixture of regular potting soil with some peat moss and a little sand.
- If you move the fishbone prayer plant indoors during the winter, consider placing it in a large pot, instead of growing in the ground.
- It makes moving the plant easier and reduces stress on the roots.
- Its growth rate makes repotting recommended every two years, as the roots can start to crowd out the pot.
- This is also the perfect time to divide and propagate the plant.
- Add liquid fertilizer during the summer.
- Feed the plant once every two weeks to supply it with extra nutrients.
- Medium to bright, indirect light.
- Water when the top 1-2" of soil feels dry.