Epidendrum Orchid Orange in Pot
$23.36 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35cm
- Epidendrum orchid plants are among the most common and the most unusual forms of the flowers.
- This group of orchids encompasses over 1,000 varieties of sub-tropical to tropical plants.
- That means most of them are not suited for long-term outdoor growing.
- Instead, they thrive in a greenhouse or even the home interior.
- Most orchid care is the same, but just in case you don’t have a clue which variety of orchid you have, here are some details on the Epidendrums.
- The majority of these plants are epiphytic and live suspended from a tree or cliff with minimal soil.
- A few are terrestrial but they also thrive on low nutrient media.
- The forms of Epidendrums vary widely.
- Some produce pseudobulbs while others have cane-like stems.
- The color and shape of the flower petals depend upon the cultivar, but most of the group has a characteristic three-lobed lip at the bottom of the flower that closes in on the center.
- Epidendrum orchids are persistent and often bloom several times over the season.
- The plants are used to low nutrient sites and can live on just bark or grow in pots with the orchid medium.
- The plants are amazingly adapted to a variety of conditions.
- They can live on just bark or grow in pots with an orchid medium.
- Fertilize with orchid food every two weeks.
- They prefer indirect bright light but perform nicely in brighter to dimmer conditions.
- Water about once per week and keep the plant moist but the surface of the bark media should not be soggy.