Monstera Hybrid Variegata
$328.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The Monstera Hybrid Variegata is a tropical plant native to Southeast Asia but can be found in similar climates around the world.
- Known for its rarity and beautifully patterned leaves, this plant is similar to its all-green sister (monstera deliciosa) in terms of watering and lighting requirements.
- It typically displays creamy-yellow variegation with much smaller splotches or dots on the leaves.
- Plant it in a pot with drainage holes using a standard potting soil that contains peat.
- Peat helps to trap moisture without becoming waterlogged.
- For best results, feed your plant once a month throughout the spring and summer.
- A little bit of food will go a long way to encourage growth and root health.
- No fertilizer is necessary during the winter—it’s important to give your Monstera a chance to rest during the cooler time of year.
- Put the plant near a window where it will receive bright, but indirect, sunlight.
- It tolerates low light, but grows faster and becomes more dramatic in a bright spot.
- That said, avoid strong, direct sunlight because it may burn the leaves.
- When its soil becomes dry to a depth of 1-2”, water your monstera directly into the pot so not to moisten foliage and just enough to keep the soil from completely drying out.
- Monstera is somewhat drought tolerant, so you don’t need to worry about keeping up with the watering all the time.
- Don’t allow the pot to stand in water, as this will cause root rot.