Maranta Fascinator Tricolor (Prayer Plant)
$29.91 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Named for Bartolomeo Maranta, an Italian physician and botanist of the sixteenth century, the Maranta genus includes a few dozen low-growing plants native to the American tropics.
- The plant gets its common name from the fact that its leaves stay flat during the day and then fold up like praying hands at night.
- The Maranta leuconeura species has some of the most strikingly beautiful, decorative leaves in the plant kingdom.
- The popular tricolor variety has deep green, velvety leaves with yellow splotches down the midrib and arching red veins traveling to the leaf margins.
- Rich, well-draining.
- Dilute a balanced, water-soluble houseplant fertilizer (10-10-10) to half strength.
- Too much fertilizer can burn the roots—leaves will start to brown and you can even kill the plant.
- Bright, indirect sunlight.
- Water the prayer plant when the top of the potting soil is just starting to become dry.
- When watering, use water that is at least at room temperature if not slightly warm.