Ludisia Discolor (Jewel Orchid)
$15.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 12cm for Pot Size 7cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Ludisia is a genus of orchids that contains just one species, Ludisia discolor, commonly referred to as jewel orchid.
- They are native to Southern China, Northeast India, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Burma, and are often cultivated.
- They are terrestrial orchids that in their natural setting would be found growing on the forest floor.
- They are known for their foliage, which is often velvety deep maroon with red veins that run parallel to the center of the leaf..
- A good orchid potting mix should be fine, ideally one that contains some organic material.
- Make sure the drainage is good to avoid rotting their roots.
- These plants should regularly be fed with a balanced, diluted fertilizer like a 20-20-20.
- Medium Light Levels.
- Not overly fussy, but you need to avoid bright direct sunlight and dark low light gloom.
- Water well and then don't water again until the top of the potting mix has dried out.
- Temperature warm rooms are needed as they don't like the cold.