Spearmint (Mentha Spicata)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 24cm
- Spearmint (Mentha Spicata), also known as garden mint, common mint, lamb mint, and mackerel mint, is a species of mint, Mentha spicata, native to Europe and southern temperate Asia, extending from Ireland in the west to southern China in the east.
- It is a pleasant-smelling species of mint found in health-food products, toothpaste, mouthwashes, and cosmetics.
- It is often used in medicine for its claimed therapeutic properties.
- It contains vitamins, antioxidants, and vital nutrients.
- Its aroma is very similar to that of peppermint.
- It contains less menthol than peppermint, but it is rich in limonene, dihydrocarvone, and cineol.
- It has a sweeter taste than peppermint.
- Like other herbs of the mint family, spearmint has a square-shaped stem.
- Its leaves are around 5 centimeters to 9 centimeters long and 1.5 centimeters to 3 centimeters wide.
- The tips of the leaves are pointed, like spears, hence its name.
- It thrives in well-drained, moist, rich soil with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0.
- To keep the soil moist, cover the soil with a little mulch.
- Keep the plant in top form by feeding the plants with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Direct sunlight or bright shade.
- Keep the soil moist, make sure to deeply water each time but remove excess water so as to not drown the roots.