Capsicum Annuum Pepper Variety
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35cm
- Capsicum annuum is a species of the plant genus Capsicum native to southern North America and northern South America.
- This species is the most common and extensively cultivated of the five domesticated capsicums.
- It can be cultivated in a wide range of soils but sandy loam with a pH of 5.5 – 6.8 is ideal.
- Water stagnation is detrimental to the crop.
- High acid soils need to be reclaimed using dolomite or limestone.
- Tomato fertilizers work well for chili pepper plants, as do compost and well-rotted manure.
- A good 5-10-10 fertilizer is usually sufficient for peppers.
- Or you can try using a solution of fish emulsion and seaweed.
- Select a location that receives full sun but protection from winds that can break stems.
- Capsicums perform best in fertile free-draining soil so enrich the soil beforehand with aged manure, compost, and/or a certified organic fertilizer.
- Water plentifully, as often as necessary to keep the potting mixture thoroughly moist, but never let pots stand in water.