Pearl Chilli (Capsicum Annuum)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30-35cm
- It produces small round black peppers that resemble a pearl, making them an interesting ornamental for the garden.
- Although the fruits are edible, they have an extremely hot flavor so they are often only grown for their appearance.
- The plants grow well from seeds started indoors about six to eight weeks.
- Plant your ornamental peppers in a rich, loamy soil.
- Generous soil amendments of compost and manure will both improve tilth and add trace nutrients for healthier plants.
- If your soil is heavy clay, plant your peppers in raised beds or use containers for good drainage.
- It needs no special fertilizer. Just cow dung slurry every fortnight is more than enough for good production.
- Ornamental peppers need full sun for the energy to produce flowers and colorful fruit.
- If you grow these plants indoors, you should use supplemental artificial lighting for healthy plants and good fruiting.
- While ornamental peppers exhibit limited drought tolerance, they do not like to be waterlogged either.
- Water whenever the soil's surface feels dry, and aim for a moisture level like that of a wrung-out sponge.