Black Pearl Pepper (Capsicum Annuum)
$9.35 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35cm
- Black Pearl pepper is a cultivar of Capsicum annuum.
- It is characterized by distinctive black leaves and fruit.
- It produces small round black peppers that resemble a pearl, making them an interesting ornamental for the garden.
- Although the fruits are edible, they have an extremely hot flavor so they are often only grown for their appearance.
- The plants grow well from seeds started indoors about six to eight weeks.
- Plant your ornamental peppers in rich, loamy soil.
- Generous soil amendments of compost and manure will both improve tilth and add trace nutrients for healthier plants.
- If your soil is heavy clay, plant your peppers in raised beds or use containers for good drainage.
- It needs no special fertilizer. Just cow dung slurry every fortnight is more than enough for good production.
- Ornamental peppers need full sun for the energy to produce flowers and colorful fruit.
- If you grow these plants indoors, you should use supplemental artificial lighting for healthy plants and good fruiting.
- While ornamental peppers exhibit limited drought tolerance, they do not like to be waterlogged either.
- Water whenever the soil's surface feels dry, and aim for a moisture level like that of a wrung-out sponge.