Chempedak (Artocarpus Integer)
$32.71 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 100cm-110cm.
- ⇒ Fruits are seasonal.
- ⇒ The picture shown is for reference only.
- Artocarpus integer, commonly known as chempedak or cempedak, is a species of tree in the family Moraceae in the same genus as breadfruit and jackfruit.
- It is native to southeast Asia.
- Cempedak requires moist, well-draining soil.
- Trees will die if they have waterlogged roots for any period of time.
- Seedlings seem particularly susceptible to root rot when grown in pots, particularly outside the tropics.
- Strangely, planting trees in the ground mitigates this problem somewhat.
- Soils should be mulched well to.
- Plants are moderately hungry feeders and those that are fed often will grow more quickly and bear more fruit.
- Full sun.
- Water regularly in the first weeks.
- Try to avoid watering on sunny afternoons to minimize the amount of moisture lost to evaporation.
- If your plant is in a pot, check the topsoil in the pot either by looking at it or touching it with your finger.