Fortunella Japonica 金柑 (KinKan)
$68.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 70cm for Pot Size 18cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- This Plant symbolizes unlimited prosperity and happiness.
- It would make ideal gifts as well as home/office decor during this festive season.
- Kumquat (Fortunella japonica syn. Citrus japonica), sometimes spelled cumquat or comquot, is a small citrus fruit that grows in climates too cool for other citrus plants.
- The fruit is sweet and tart at the same time and is eaten without removing the peel.
- Kumquats are well adapted to most well-drained potting mixes.
- Grow them in a standard soilless mix that has a pH of around 6.
- For outdoor growing, kumquat plants are known to be some of the more cold-tolerant citruses.
- Moderate amounts of fertilizer are needed during the active growing season.
- Reduce and restrict fertilizer when going into the winter season.
- There are several excellent citrus fertilizers on the market but any organic balanced fertilizer will work.
- Full to partial sun is required for growing kumquats.
- More light is preferred for all citrus, they can be grown indoors on an east or west-facing window and flower and produce fruit.
- You should keep the soil moist around young trees, but not wet or soggy.
- Once the tree is established, water during dry spells.