Fortunella Japonica 金柑 (KinKan)
$185.05 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 90cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The round kumquat, Marumi kumquat, or Morgani kumquat (retaining the name Citrus japonica or Fortunella japonica when kumquats are divided into multiple species), is an evergreen tree that produces edible golden-yellow fruit.
- The fruit is small and usually spherical but can be oval-shaped. and the peel has a sweet flavor, but the fruit has a distinctly sour center.
- The fruit can be eaten cooked but is mainly used to make marmalades, jellies, and other spreads.
- The plant symbolizes good luck in China and other Asian countries, where it is often kept as a houseplant and given as a gift during the Lunar New Year.
- It is well adapted to most well-drained potting mixes.
- Grow them in a standard soilless mix that has a pH of around 6.
- For outdoor growing, kumquat plants are known to be some of the more cold-tolerant citruses.
- Moderate amounts of fertilizer are needed during the active growing season.
- Reduce and restrict fertilizer when going into the winter season.
- There are several excellent citrus fertilizers on the market but any organic balanced fertilizer will work.
- Full to partial sun is required for growing kumquats.
- More light is preferred for all citrus, they can be grown indoors on an east or west-facing window and flower and produce fruit.
- You should keep the soil moist around young trees, but not wet or soggy.
- Once the tree is established, water during dry spells.