Cotton Candy Fern (Nephrolepis Exaltata 'Smithii')
$16.82 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The cotton candy fern plant's Latin name is Nephrolepis exaltata.
- The fern is also known as the Suzi Wong fern, which can grow to 5 feet tall.
- The cotton candy fern has soft, fluffy chartreuse-colored fronds.
- The fern can be planted indoors or outdoors in large containers or hanging baskets.
- For your own mixture, you can mix one part peat, one part coarse sand, and one part garden soil.
- The ideal soil has good drainage.
- Fertilize the fern with a 15-5-15 (nitrogen, phosphates, potassium) fertilizer once a week.
- It should be placed in an area that has morning sun or in a location with indirect sunlight.
- The afternoon shade is ideal for the fern to avoid excessive drying of the soil from the hot afternoon sun.
- Water the plant when the soil dries.
- The plant should be watered thoroughly and allowed to dry between waterings.