Adiantum - Maidenhair Fern
$23.36 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Adiantum, the maidenhair fern, is a genus of about 250 species of ferns in the subfamily Vittarioideae of the family Pteridaceae, though some researchers place it in its own family, Adiantaceae.
- The genus name comes from Greek, meaning "unwetted", referring to the fronds' ability to shed water without becoming wet.
- IMPORTED FROM HOLLAND.
- The plant typically grows in partial to full shade and prefers moist but well-draining soil amended with organic matter, much like in its natural habitat in humus-rich woods. These ferns do not tolerate dry soil.
- Most ferns grow best in slightly acidic soils; however, maidenhair ferns prefer a more alkaline soil pH.
- Fertilize monthly year-round with half-strength liquid fertilizer.
- Repot in rich, high-quality soil, such as potting soil amended with 25% compost.
- Maidenhair ferns need shady settings.
- Do not expose them to any direct sunlight, and especially avoid bright light.
- Ferns like moist conditions. Water it if the top inch is dry.