Lady Slipper Orchid (Cypripedioideae)
$25.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 25cm for Pot Size 9cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- The Lady Slipper orchids are all members of the orchid subfamily Cypripedioideae.
- If you hear someone talk about a "Lady Slipper," it is most likely that they are talking about a plant from the genus Cypripedium.
- They might also be talking about a Paphiopedilum, a Phragmipedium, or (less likely) Mexipedium or Selenipedium.
- Each genus within the subfamily is distantly related to the others; all are classified in their own tribes, except Paphiopedilum and Cypripedium, which are slightly less distant relatives and constitute the subtribe Cypripedieae.
- They grow well in garden soils, providing they're well-aerated and well-drained.
- Use regular media suitable for growing Orchids.
- Fertilize with a quarter-strength balanced orchid fertilizer (20-20-20) once a week after watering.
- Dappled Sun/Part Shade.
- They require a regular and constant supply, keeping it out of the crown as this will cause the plant to rot.
- The growing medium needs to be kept just damp not wet, so watering every 7 – 10 days should suffice.
- Water early in the day so any moisture on the foliage has time to dry out before night.