Formosan Juniper (Prickly Cypress)
$32.71 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 80cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Formosan juniper is a highly ornamental species, commonly planted in China but little-known elsewhere.
- Specimens with the smallest leaves have been found growing at the alpine timberline, resulting in many naturally dwarf selections and excellent Bonsai material.
- It is an evergreen coniferous shrub or small tree that grows to mature heights of 50 feet (15 m) tall, with a typical pyramidal or cylindric crown, spreading to ascending branches, and 3-angled, pendulous branchlets.
- Tolerant of most soil types, it prefers slightly acidic, organically rich soil with good drainage, as roots can rot in standing water.
- Use normal organic fertilizer pellets or balls every month during the growing season or a liquid fertilizer each week.
- If strong growth is desired some higher nitrogen levels can be applied in spring.
- Place the tree outside, year-round, on a bright spot with lots of sunlight.
- The Juniper cannot live indoors.
- Be careful not to water too much, as the juniper roots don't like soil wetness.
- Before you water, the soil should dry slightly.