Mini Cymbidium Variegated (Boat Orchid)
$35.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 35cm for POT SIZE 11cm(Ø)
- Cymbidium, commonly known as boat orchids, is a genus of evergreen flowering plants in the orchid family Orchidaceae.
- Orchids in this genus are epiphytic, lithophytic, terrestrial, or rarely leafless saprophytic herbs usually with pseudobulbs.
- They are semi-terrestrial orchids and they naturally grow in loamy humus, sending thin roots into the soil.
- Thus, they are perfectly suited to conditions that are easily replicated at home: a rich, loose, organic potting mixture.
- During the growth season (spring through late summer), high nitrogen fertilizer (such as 30-10-10) is used.
- In late summer, use a high-phosphorus, blossom-booster fertilizer (such as 10- 30-20), to help form bloom spikes.
- Fertilize at full strength every week to two weeks.
- They like moderate to bright light and this may be in the form of good morning sun or bright, "dappled" afternoon shade.
- During their growing season, these orchids prefer daytime temperatures of 65 to 82 degrees and nighttime temperatures of 50 to 65 degrees.
- They may need watering every day in the hot summer months.
- In the winter, water them about every 10 days.
- Always water in the morning as this will allow the compost time to drain before the colder night temperatures.