Celosia 鸡冠花 'Red' (Cockscomb)
$14.02 incl. GST
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 85cm-90cm
- Celosia is an annual plant cultivated for its strange-looking flowers that resemble roosters’ heads, that’s why it is also called cockscomb.
- Cockscomb flowers are also known as Wool Flowers or Brain Celosia, suggestive of a highly colored brain.
- The flowers belong to the amaranth family, Amaranthaceae.
- Cockscomb blooms with a compacted crested head 2-5 inches across, on leafy stems that are 12-28 inches long.
- The flower's name is suggestive of a rooster's comb.
- It would make a great home/office/event decoration this festive season.
- In order to enjoy the bright color of Celosia flowers, they need moist well-drained soil.
- They love organic amendments that improve drainage, as celosia does not like wet conditions.
- A rich soil will support fast growth, before planting add in plenty of manure, organic matter, or compost.
- Fertilize once a month using a nutrient-rich compost or a liquid nitrogen fertilizer.
- For best results, plant Celosia in full sun or partial shade (8 hours per day).
- Watering once every 5 to 12 days depending on your climate.
- Water carefully around only the base of cockscomb so that the stems, leaves, and flowers.
- Do not get splashed with water to prevent marring the flowers and inviting disease to the foliage.