Assorted Cactus (2193)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Pot Size APPROXIMATELY 8cm(Ø) x 7cm(H) x 13cm(Overall Height)
- A cactus is a member of the plant family Cactaceae, a family comprising about 127 genera with some 1750 known species of the order Caryophyllales.
- The word "cactus" derives, through Latin, from the Ancient Greek κάκτος, kaktos, a name originally used by Theophrastus for a spiny plant whose identity is now not certain.
- A cactus will require soil that's pebbly, sandy, porous, and one that provides excellent drainage and aeration.
- The right type of soil will need to dry quickly after you water the plant.
- A pre-mix succulent/cactus potting soil will be suitable.
- At a minimum, fertilizing cactus plants once a year is a good rule of thumb, but if you're really organized and can set up a schedule, feeding them 2-3 times per year in the spring, summer and fall will easily satisfy your cacti fertilizer requirements.
- Typically, most cacti species need at least four to six hours of sunlight to thrive.
- These plants love being in bright and sunny locations.
- Water a cactus around once a week in the hottest months.
- In most cases, this is the perfect amount to provide adequate moisture without causing too much water to remain in the soil and soak the roots.
- When it's time to water, do so until the soil is saturated.