Myrtillocactus Geometrizans Fukurokuryuzinboku (Boobsie Cactus)
$13.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Myrtillocactus geometrizans Fukurokuryuzinboku is a monstrose cultivar of the more commonly seen Myrtillocactus geometrizans, but this Cactus has more unusual shaped ribs along with areoles that resemble nipples making this cactus appear like it has little breasts in appearance, this is why this cactus is often nicknamed as ‘The Booby Cactus’ or ‘Titty Cactus’.
- Myrtillocactus geometrizans Fukurokuryuzinboku is a rare plant to find for sale and is only available from specialist cactus nurseries and online cactus nurseries but is now becoming more popular to grow in cultivation, it is definitely one of the more expensive cactus plants to buy.
- It is a Japanese cultivar that can grow up to 4.5 metres high ( 178 inches ) and 10 cm wide in diameter ( 4 inches ).
- Need a well-drained soil mix with small gravel added to ensure drainage.
- From spring and Summer feed these cacti once every 3 weeks with a good quality cactus and succulent fertiliser.
- Do not feed at all in Winter when these plants are resting.
- This cactus definitely like a nice sunny spot, however when these plants are still young ( less than 3 inches in height ) or if taken as cuttings they are best placed in a less sunnier position, however when cuttings have fully rooted and the plant is taller than 3 inches in height they love to be placed in a sunny position as long as ventilation can be provided.
- If grown on a very sunny south facing window in the middle of summer then a shade cloth may be placed over the window to allow indirect sunshine onto the plant this will prevent scorch or yellowing of the stem.
- This easy-care plant doesn't want a lot of water.
- Allow the soil to dry out before you give it another drink.
- Keep the soil completely dry in winter.