Echinopsis Oxygona (Easter Lily)
$7.94 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 17-19cm
- Echinopsis oxygona, the “Easter Lily Cactus”, is known for having gorgeous, night-blooming, pink flowers at the ends of long tubes often as large or larger than the whole plant, it is very popular.
- The Echinopsis genus of cacti includes dozens of species from South America.
- This group includes large columnar cactus that were formerly in the genus Trichocerceus, as well as the smaller day-flowering species that were previously classified in the Lobivia genus.
- The large columnar cactus are beautiful, but they are generally far too large for indoor cultivation, so only the smaller day-flowering species are grown indoors and are now classified in the Echinopsis genus.
- A rich, fast-drainging cactus mix is ideal.
- During the growing season, fertilize with a cacti fertilizer mix.
- Suspend feeding during the dormant winter period.
- Like many cacti and succulents, the Echnopsis appreciate intense sun during the growing season.
- Move plants outdoors if possible, but acclimate to direct sunlight slowly to prevent scorching.
- In the winter, southern exposure is perfect.
- Allow the soil mix to become nearly dry between watering, but then water thoroughly.
- Immaculate drainage is essential, so never let the pots sit in water.
- Suspend watering in the winter but mist occasionally.