Bonsai Bougainvillea ~ LIMITED STOCK!
$50.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30cm
- Bougainvillea might make you think of a wall of a green vine with orange, purple, or red papery flowers, a vine too enormous and vigorous, perhaps, for your small garden.
- Meet Bonsai Bougainvillea plants, bite-sized versions of this mighty vine that you can keep in your living room.
- Can you make a bonsai out of bougainvillea? You can.
- Bougainvilleas are tropical plants with brilliant bracts that look like petals.
- Their branches resemble vines, and you can prune them into a bonsai.
- Bougainvillea bonsai plants are not actually different plants than bougainvillea vines.
- Enrich border soil with well-rotted compost and a balanced granular fertilizer or controlled-release fertilizer.
- Use loam-based compost.
- Begin applications of a complete liquid fertilizer as soon as growth starts in early spring and continue the applications once every two weeks throughout the flowering period.
- It requires at least four hours of direct sunlight every day during the active growth period.
- And they must have a bright light at other times or they will not thrive in an indoor situation.
- Water actively growing plants moderately, giving enough to moisten the potting mixture thoroughly; allow the top two-thirds to dry out between waterings.
- The amounts should be drastically reduced as the rest period approaches and the potting mixture should just be kept from drying out.