Choemeles Japonica Bonsai (Japanese Quince)
$147.66 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 26cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Chaenomeles japonica, called the Japanese quince or Maule's quince, is a species of flowering quince that is native to Japan.
- It is a thorny deciduous shrub that is commonly cultivated.
- It is shorter than another commonly cultivated species C. speciosa, growing to only about 1 m in height.
- They are happy in most soils, but particularly those that are relatively moist throughout the summer, yet well-drained to avoid waterlogging in winter.
- Light or shallow chalky soils should have plenty of organic matter added prior to planting and be well mulched afterward.
- Feed flowering quince with a slow-release, all-purpose fertilizer in early spring before new growth occurs, or apply compost as a soil amendment.
- Scatter the fertilizer carefully on the soil around the plant; do not let it touch the foliage, as it can scorch the leaves.
- Full sun to part shade lover.
- Best flower production occurs in full sun.
- Water moderately all year round (2 waterings per week) increasing watering a little in summer if it is very hot.