Crab Apple Tree Bonsai (Malus Prunifolia)
$74.77 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 24cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Also known as Malus Prunifolia, it is a species of crabapple tree known by the common names plum leaf crab apple, plum-leaved apple, pear-leaf crabapple, Chinese apple, and Chinese crabapple.
- It is native to China and is grown elsewhere for use as an ornamental tree or as rootstock.
- It reaches from between 3 and 8 meters tall and bears white flowers and yellow or red fruit.
- It is best to use normal soil, or a mix of compost and ordinary soil - do not use all compost as it dries out too easily.
- The key thing when growing fruit trees in a container are not to let the soil dry out.
- Fertilize with regular tree plant food.
- Full or partial sun.
- Water at least twice a week, and probably daily during sunny warm weather.
- If the tree looks unhappy or unhealthy, the cause is often stress brought on by insufficient watering.