Acer Buergeianum (Trident Maple)
$45.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery Within 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 22cm
- The Trident Maple, also known as Acer buergerianum, is a deciduous tree that grows to heights of up to 45 feet high and 25 feet wide in its native habitat.
- With its moderate growth rate, and easy maintenance, it is popular as a patio or street tree as well as being highly valued as a particularly beautiful bonsai specimen.
- This bonsai is quite hearty, but does require special care to survive well.
- Well-drained, acid to neutral soil.
- Young Trident maple trees will need a fertilizer high in nitrogen while older trees need less nitrogen in order to produce the smaller leaves and controlled growth that is preferred in the art of bonsai.
- The Trident maple prefers full sun and will be most vibrant and successful grown in those conditions.
- Though this maple is more drought tolerant than other maple species, because it is a bonsai tree, it will still need regular watering.
- During the hottest days of summer it may need to be watered daily.
- In the winter you will need to water it less often to prevent damage to the roots from frost.
- Ensure that your bonsai is placed in well drained soil and that its roots are never allowed to sit in water least it should develop root rot.